Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bullying part 2

Bullying comes in many forms. You aren't just bullied cause of your color, nationality, level of iq and looks. You can be bullied for many reasons, sometimes we don't know why or how bullies pick their victims. Sometimes even adults bully not only other adults but also children as well. My daughter Emelina is one of those stories.

Things were fine till she started school, but isn't this the way it goes? In kindergarten I guess the others realized she was different and Emelina is Emelina it's the only way I can really say about who Emelina really is. She's a little overweight, very sensitive and usually happy. But her reaction to things is probably what gets her bullied the most. She, like her mom, wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn't hide things like other kids and doesn't really know how I don't think.

For example, Monday, she came home all upset because another girl flicked her off. Let's call her Tonya. Well, Emelina sat down in her seat next to her sister Hailey, when Tonya called Emelina's name and then just flicked her off! For no reason, and this child is 5! She is learning this stuff from her big sister Samantha. Samantha, used to be friends with Emeliina. Now she calls her a looser, fatty, whore, and other things I'm not even sure she knows what the words even mean. Kind of bold considering she's a tiny little thing and well Emelina isn't and will hit her and probably knock this kid on her butt! I talked to Hailey after Emelina left to take a bike ride to calm down. Hailey confirmed that her sister didn't do anything. Emelina tried to tell the bus driver and she proceeded to tell Emelina to sit down and shut up!

The bus driver, Maggie (sorry miss maggie lol had to change the names), is another one of the bullies. She allows, the other kids to do or say what they want and doesn't do anything about it. She's, had something out for my kids for years. We can't stand her! I don't know if it's cause they are hispanic or what but she picks on 3 out of 5 of my kids! None of the other kids have issues on the bus like mine. They get into trouble for doing things they aren't supposed to. she calls Emelina, Emily. She calls Hailey, Hillary. And she calls Katie, Katherine! Not even close!! But she knows the other kids names!

Yesterday, a little boy in Emelina's class said something to her as they got on the bus's. Emelina got really mad and slapped at the seat, missing the seat and accidently hitting this kid. She apologized to him since she didn't mean to hit him. He went and told mean old Maggie that Emelina did it on purpose, and now Emelina has to go to the principals office this morning! Now she doesn't deny hitting him, but it was accidental. Again confirmed by Hailey. She hit his knee, trust me if this kid meant to hit him it would have been his face. I know my daughter. Of course, she's the one getting into trouble even though he started it and said something to her. Emelina doesn't get mad for nothing and yes she should be in trouble but so should this kid.

Emelina told me yesterday that she hates going to breakfast and lunch. The kids all stare at her and it makes her uncomfortable. She said the adults do it like they are waiting for her to say something or do something to another child there. I always feel this way at this school. We aren't rich, actually pretty poor and they have called the state on us cause they don't have brand new clothes and such. Told them we don't feed these kids, and that I don't do laundry as well! Uhmmmmm, isn't that the machine I hear running in the other room!? I do about 4 loads a day average. They always have clean clothes, and who cares if we go to thrift stores and the free store. I don't buy crap clothes from these places. I only get things that are clean, look good and fit them. They have gotten lice from school and we've had to deal with this quite a bit in the past. Of course, it's always my kids that bring it to school. Uhmmm, really? Ok, maybe once or twice but where do you think they got it? They aren't allowed out of the house anymore and the lice has been gone for a while now so where is it coming from? duh, nurse, said they are clean!!!!

Hailey, doesn't get bullied as much but the kids her age around here don't want to play with her. She's got some issues and isn't on the level where she should be. But they aren't cruel to her. But with Emelina they sure are. Emelina was playing at the neighbors house the other day with a boy who is about 2 years younger than herself. They get along fine and we've never had problems there. All the sudden, Tonya comes up and tells her I can't play with you, you need to go home and sat there and said a bunch of mean things to her! Well I don't think so! Emelina was there first and if she can't play with her than she needs to leave!

Emelina went to another friends house the other day in the back of the trailer park to play and the 2 girls she was trying to play with were screaming at her. They told her she has lice and is nasty. She's clean, no lice, clean clothes, doesn't stink or anything else. It's Tonya and Samantha that have it and have been told by another parent here that my kids are always welcome. Why, cause when a lice breakout was happening she checked, every kid that came over. My 2 were the only ones clean!!!! Hers as well. She apologized to me but said that she felt she had to do this so her girls would remain clean. Not a problem for me. She said that Tonya came over and was infested. Later that same day Tonya was outside playing with all the kids out here but mine and the other 2 little ones and hadn't been treated!

Emelina, isn't physically bullied yet but that's coming. Right now, she's bigger than the other girls so that is probably why. But she comes home crying everyday almost, and it seems like I'm always having to soothe her. Emelina is very tenderhearted and gets upset very quickly and I'm sure this is a big reason. The girls all call her nasty, piggy, fatty, looser, and so much more. It makes me want to go out there and beat their arses! Of coruse, as an adult I can't. I've tried talking to the parents and teachers and it goes no where. The school has a zero tolerance policy and of course it doesn't work. The girls teasing her all are mean and nasty themselves. I dont' know how to stop any of this. Went through it myself. Sorry if we are poor and can't afford name brand clothing, sorry if we don't look like you with your white porcelin skin (other than my white self), sorry that Emelina is heavier (trust me we are trying to work on that one), sorry that she's not the same as every other kid out there.

So, today if the principal calls me. Well he's going to have a fight on his hands. I'm tired of this and will be telling him everything and if the harrassment on the bus, from the driver and kids, and the bullying at the school doesn't stop I will continue to go higher with the district. It seems they are always watching my girls. Even Katie, being at a different school. Seems like they always think that the bully's are the perfect ones. No none of my kids are perfect. They'll talk smack at you quicker than you can blink an eye but they don't normally do it first. Emelina was wrong in smacking at the seat yesterday and we did tell her that. If she hadn't done that she wouldn't have actually smacked that boys knee. But, she got mad and didn't know what to do with the anger either. I'm tired of the tears, anguish, anger, and plain old confusion as to why they do this to them. I want to move out of this district so bad, but we can't. Last year when Danni (girl), cussed Emelina out I went up to the school and she lied and got off scott free when I had a few witnesses even adults that backed my story! another case of bullies gone wild. They say they don't allow this type of behavior but I don't believe it.

There is more but I'll have to leave that for another day.

No comments: